You want to make sure to have an honest and compassionate dentist looking out for your best interest. With so many to choose from, how can you make sure to pick the right one?
If you are looking for a new dentist, don’t wait until you have a dental emergency to find one. By choosing one before you need one, you’ll stay one step ahead. A good dentist is more than just a person who will help you get out of pain if you chip a tooth. A good one genuinely cares about you and your well-being.
Here are 5 tips for choosing the right dentist:
- Friendly and Approachable Personality. Visiting the dentist can be a positive experience when your dentist is warm, welcoming, and personable. A dentist who has a friendly personality is beneficial – especially if you have any type of dental anxiety.
- Convenient Office Location. Why drive miles and miles to see a dentist when there is a fantastic dentist right down the street? A convenient dental office is a huge benefit if you have a busy schedule.
- Affordable Fees. Certain complex dental services can expensive. It’s important to find a dentist who is committed to providing the highest-quality care at a reasonable cost.
- Continuity of Care. The ability to see the same one every time you’re in the office is essential. Continuity of care means you can rest assured that you will receive consistent care over the course of many years.
- Open Communication and Conversations. It’s never advisable to permit a dentist to perform a procedure on your teeth or gums before having a conversation about why the procedure is recommended and/or necessary.
And Another 5 tips:
- Personalized Treatment Plans. One dental procedure does not fit all! In other words, everyone is unique and deserves individualized care and a personalized treatment plan.
- Modern Dental Technology. While dentistry is entirely possible in an old-fashioned dental office, today’s state-of-the-art dental technology can help make your appointment quicker and easier.
- Emergency and Same-Day Appointments. No matter how well you take care of your teeth, dental emergencies happen. If you choose a dentist who welcomes last-minute appointments, you’ll know exactly who to call if an emergency arises.
- All Dental Services in One Office. Most people appreciate the ability to visit the same office for all their dental care needs. Selecting a dental office that can provide almost all dental services in one convenient office can be a true benefit.
- Dental Insurance and Payment Plans. What good is dental insurance if yours will not accept it? Finding a dentist that is in-network with several dental insurance plans is ideal. Also, a dentist who welcomes flexible payment plans can help make it easier to pay for high-quality dental care.
Besides the 10 tips listed above, you want to make sure you feel a genuine connection with a dentist before scheduling your first appointment. A great way to learn more about a dentist is to call the dentist’s office and ask for a short in-person meeting and a tour of the office. This is a good way to form an impression and select a dentist who is right for you.