Have you ever heard the saying, you don’t have to brush all your teeth… just the ones you want to keep? Even though this sentence is humorous, it’s true. Regularly brushing and flossing your teeth is one of the most important ways to maintain your oral health.
Brushing your teeth is easy. It requires little effort, and it leaves your mouth feeling clean and nice. The result of brushing is so refreshing that many people forget to follow their teeth cleaning ritual with dental flossing.
Don’t Forget to Floss!
Using dental floss is as important as brushing. In fact, some argue that it’s even more essential. If you want to keep your teeth healthy for a lifetime, brushing and flossing must be part of your daily oral hygiene routine.
Some view dental flossing as an extra chore without an obvious benefit. But, flossing is one of the most effective ways to clean in between your teeth in areas impossible to reach with a toothbrush. A toothbrush is a useful oral hygiene tool, but it has its limitations.
Top 10 Reasons to Floss Every Day
- Using Floss Daily Reduces Cavities Between Teeth. When used correctly, dental floss helps remove food particles and bacteria wedged in between your teeth. This helps reduce the onset of tooth decay.
- Dental Floss Helps Keep Your Gums Healthy. Dental floss eliminates bacteria under the gum line. This helps stop the development of periodontal disease.
- You’re More Likely to Keep Your Teeth. Healthy teeth are likely to last much longer than teeth with decay. Using dental floss helps keep your teeth free of cavities.
- Your Breath Will Smell Better. When left in your mouth, food particles, plaque, and bacteria smell foul. Dental flossing helps improve your breath.
- Little Pieces of Food In Between Your Teeth Won’t Bother You. There’s nothing worse than having an annoying piece of food stuck in between your teeth. Use dental floss to remove stubborn food particles.
- Your Children Will Adopt the Habit. Children follow their parents’ lead. If you floss every day, your children will do the same.
- Professional Dental Cleanings Are Easier. When your teeth are brushed and flossed each day, your bi-annual professional dental cleaning is simpler. Maintaining excellent dental health requires daily brushing and flossing.
- Flossing is Easier Than Ever. There are dozens of products on the market that make flossing practically effortless. An electric water flosser is a good option for anyone who cannot easily manipulate regular dental floss.
- It Only Takes a Minute or Two. Using dental floss is not time-consuming. In fact, it’s possible to complete the task in less than a few minutes.
- Your Dentist Will Praise Your Efforts. Dentists and hygienists can tell which patients floss and which do not. Impress your dentist by flossing every day!
Improve Your Oral Health with Daily Flossing
Keep your mouth clean and healthy by brushing and flossing each day. Make flossing even easier by using waxed floss or thicker dental tape. Dental floss is one of the most effective and least expensive oral hygiene tools that makes a positive impact on your oral health.